Mizuno Wave Ultima 8 Running Shoes
Enjoy your run from the first to the last step in a cushioned, neutral shoe with a dynamic, supportive fit: the Mizuno Wave Ultima 8 Running Shoes. Featuring an AIRmesh upper and U4IC midsole cushioning, these shoes provide exceptional comfort and high performance over mid to long distances.
The Wave Ultima 8's upper has been redesigned to provide greater comfort and a better fit. The upper of the shoe is constructed from Mizuno's highly breathable AIRmesh, which allows the hot air to leave the shoe and fresh air to permeate, providing a cool and comfortable environment for the foot to perform in. The upper has also been designed with Mizuno's DynaMotion Fit System, which works with your foot throughout the gait cycle to accommodate all the natural contours and movements of your foot from heel strike to toe-off. In this way, DyanMotion Fit gives you the ultimate comfort whilst on the move. There is also the added benefit of a removable sockliner for premium underfoot cushioning and comfort.
New for the Wave Ultima 8 is Mizuno's U4ic midsole cushioning. U4ic is a unique midsole compound which is Mizuno's lightest midsole cushioning material. Consequently, the Wave Ultima 8 is five grams lighter than its predecessor!
The midsole also features Mizuno's revolutionary Wave technology. The Wave's unique shape dissipates impact forces away from the foot for a smoother, more cushioned feel on every step of your run. The Wave's design also provides exceptional energy return properties during your run: its researched shape efficiently transfers energy from heel strike to toe-off, to help to propel you into your next step. SmoothRide, another tool in the Mizuno armoury, delivers an engineered approach to minimise the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot during transition, resulting in reduced foot movement and greater comfort. The Mizuno Intercool midsole ventilation system also reduces heat and humidity build-up inside the shoe for a more temperate climate.
X10 Carbon Rubber Outsole
The X10 outsole is made from a durable carbon rubber, which possesses high durability. Consequently the Wave Ultima 8's outsole is extremely durable, and will last you longer. The high-traction outsole pattern delivers floor fighting grip, which will last you much longer thanks to the X10 carbon rubber construction. The addition of ergonomically placed flex grooves results in higher traction and greater comfort throughout your run. Finally, the Wave Plate is constructed from Pebax Rnew, made from renewable resources and is more carbon efficient without sacrificing performance characteristics.
- ***UPDATED*** U4ic X Strobel Board - Offers a more comfortable fit.
- ***UPDATED*** DynaMotion Fit Upper - Moulds to the shape of your foot and provides a 'second-skin' feeling throughout the gait cycle.
- AIRmesh Upper - Allows the foot to breathe and stay comfortable throughout your run.
- Premium Sockliner - High-grade removable insock for premium comfort, cushioning and durability.
- Mizuno Wave Technology - Redirects impact forces away from the foot, whilst also offering superb cushioning and stability.
- SmoothRide - Promotes a rocking-chair-like motion in your foot, meaning your run is efficient and comfortable.
- Pebax RNEW - Wave plate made from a plant based oil, it is both sustainable yet produces less carbon.
- U4iC/Wave Midsole - Provides an amazing cushioning to weight ratio with high energy return properties.
- Mizuno Intercool - Full-length midsole ventilation system, reduces heat and the build up of humidity inside the shoe.
- X10 Carbon Rubber Outsole - Mizuno's most durable outsole rubber; allows for longer wear and more traction at heel strike.
- Weight - 310g - 5 grams lighter than the Wave Ultima 7!
Mizuno Wave Ultima 8 Women's Running Shoes Purple MIZ2401 Women - Running Shoes WBLRKUZ